As of 25 May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation, known as the GDPR will be in place, therefore all Organisations dealing with personal data must comply with the law.
The website http://www.compasspartnership.com (the “Website”) is owned by The Compass Partnership International Ltd (“we/us”). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of the Website is The Compass Partnership International Ltd. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users whilst still providing valuable services (the “Services”) via our website.
Our website incorporates privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data. By using the privacy controls, you can specify whether you would like to receive continued business communications and limit the publication of your information. You can access the privacy controls via www.compasspartnership.com
What personal information do we collect?
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to visit and use our website.
However, if you wish to get in touch using our ‘Contact Us Form’, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- email address and phone number
- employment details, employer details including your company services
- IP addresses for no more than 15 minutes for the tracking of live visitors on the website.
You may also choose to provide additional voluntary information in the course of your use of our site whilst completing the ‘Your Message’ section of the online form.
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the site that you came from. We also collect information about the pages of the site which you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access this website.
You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact you regarding future business with The Compass Partnership International Ltd
- We may use the information to improve our services and inform you of services, provided by The Compass Partnership International Ltd which we think may be of interest to you
- We may, if you have given us consent to do so, send promotional emails about new services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- We may use the information to customise our site and services according to your preferences.
- We will hold your data safely and securely for record keeping for the continuous business development between Compass and yourself.
- We may share your data with 3rd party companies, such as accountants, insurers as and when required to do so.
Our security guarantee
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All systems within Compass have been updated and all employees have received the relevant information and necessary training to comply with all new legislation.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. This information is used to track visitor and analyse website activity. You can amend your preferences within your cookies.
How long do we keep your data?
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
If you have consented to us using your details throughout previous business communications for direct business and project communication, we will continue to keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
The Compass Partnership International Ltd only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
We are required however, under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time if no longer required for business purpose it will be destroyed and Account data will be retained for seven years following the date of last contact, at the end of which period it will be deleted from our systems.
Special categories data
Owing to the services that we offer, The Compass Partnership International Ltd sometimes needs to process sensitive personal information (known as special category data) about you, to be able to safeguard during the delivery of facilitation / training sessions. Where we collect such information, we will only request and process the minimum necessary for the specified purpose and identify a compliant legal basis for doing so.
Links to other websites
The Compass Partnership site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our site, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct business or project purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at Discovery@compasspartnership.com
You have the right to be forgotten. Under request either via email Discovery@compasspartnership.com or phone 44 (0)845 112 0016 and when such a removal does not conflict with any other laws you have the right for your personal information to be removed from our records.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Access to your personal data
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your personal information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
We are aware that individuals have the right to obtain the following for us:
- confirmation that we are processing their personal data;
- a copy of their personal data; and
- other supplementary information
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Compass Partnership International Ltd, York House, Sandal Castle Centre, Asdale Road, Wakefield, WF2 7JE
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to contact us